Wednesday, January 1, 2014

 Happy New Year!

Here's hoping that 2014 will be a happy, healthy, prosperous, safe and creative year for us all.

I don't believe in making New Years resolutions because I've found that when I do make them, I fail miserably.  It's almost willful on my part.  Like some weird rebellion against myself.  So I ask you, what kind of sense does it make to sit for an hour with pen and paper or in front of my computer preparing a detailed list of things I need to change?  Right, none at all.

But I do intend, and I think intention is important, to put more effort into my writing (including this blog and my other blog The Scribblers Writing Group), my art, my leather work and marketing the things I make.  Hopefully I will learn more and become better at marketing.  If you want to see some of those things, you can see them here

Speaking of marketing, why is it that the people who develop television commercials seem to believe that the louder the spokesperson speaks, the better the commercial?  For some strange reason, I liked Billy Mays, but everyone else who tries to sell me a taco bowl maker or an Orgreenic frying pan, at the top of his lungs, I find offensive.  Thank God for the mute button.

It's like politics.  The more the person screams and the louder they scream, the more credible they are.  Really??  I don't think so.  Mute button anyone?  Now that I think about it, in 2014 I intend to pay less attention to politics.  Political ads make me crazy and I think I'll try to eliminate anything in my life that makes me crazy.  It can't hurt.


Happy New Year.  Have fun New Years Eve, but be safe.  I plan to stay home and watch the ball come down in NYC.  With any luck at all, Elton John will be one of the entertainers on New Years Rockin' Eve this year.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment